Gathering Lessons and Resources


It is strange to be teaching a math course and not know where to find great resources. My usual resources (Algebra, Geometry, etc) don't seem to apply. So I have started to look. This is a list of resources I plan on digging through when I am making a lesson or looking for an idea.


  • The open source text for this course, as recommended by TC3, the community college we are working with on this course. 
  • Finance in the classroom: It is a bit dated, but I am happy with what I am reading.  For example, I like this bean game and will use it to develop an activity, possible for the first day.
  • Take Charge Today has a bunch of resources. Once you make an account you can download whatever you need. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rise Up: From poverty through personal finance.

Open Source Class Text